An important early painting with unrepeatable provenance.
Acquired in 1948 and remaining in the same family collection since.
Accompanied by two letters from the artist to it's 1948-onward owner.
1st owner Major JC Maude (KC and MP)
1945 exhibited Temple Newsam, Leeds
1946 UNESCO MOMA Paris
Leicester Galleries 1948 acquired by Victor Sandleson Esq
Leicester Galleries 1953 - illustrated
Birmingham Art Gallery 1952
Tate retrospective 1963
Bradford City Art Gallery 1963
City museum Birmingham 1963
Waddington & Tooth London 1973
RA retrospective 1979